PR Account Manager: Boutique PR Agency
Chicago – Fully remote
Want to work with fast growing, multiple award-winning boutique PR agency in Chicago? Are you an experienced and enthusiastic PR professional? Have 4-6 years of diverse PR agency/nonprofit/professional association experience? Love interacting with clients? Enjoy supervising staff? Remote position; can work from home. Will meet staff once a month in person for lunch or happy hour and quarterly. Must be within driving distance to Chicago area.
Agency works with elite clients in retail, restaurant, hospitality, beverage, fashion, fitness & nutrition, travel & tourism, healthcare, finance, etc. Consistent news coverage in Crain’s, Chicago Tribune, Fox News, Yahoo Finance, WGN Radio, New York Times, ABC7, USA Today, and other top tier media.
Agency in continuous growth mode; new position because of new business wins. Excellent benefits including unlimited PTO.
Ideal candidate is high energy, collaborative, an idea person, and team builder. Thrives in working with other dynamic and creative staff. PR agency achieves client success stories and cultivates supportive and positive work environment. Unique to the industry: they provide freedom, flexibility, and inspiration to their team. Company is committed to passion, authenticity, creativity, trust, teamwork and excellence. Many opportunities for professional growth and development. Agency has worked with some of the largest brands and diverse businesses throughout U.S.
Candidate will need to complete a writing test as part of interview process. Must be US based w/ valid work papers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-6 years’ PR agency/nonprofit/professional association experience
- Will consider Sr. AE candidate with 4+ years’ experience, ready to move up.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Experience with B2B, B2C, or CPG.
- Ideal candidate has experience with hospitality, restaurants, travel, retail, technology, health, finance, and/or nonprofit
- Proficiency with Cision/Muck Rack
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Strong understanding of media & social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing test required)
- Proficient in AP style
- Able to manage time efficiently, work independently, and stay organized
- Interest in supervising staff to help them grow professionally
- Thrive in fast-paced environment; able to make decisions with critical thinking
- Resilient under pressure
- Flexible in changing environments
- Outstanding work ethic and upbeat personality
- 40% Work directly with clients (strategy, review tactics, deliverables)
- 30% Manage and oversee team
- 20% Create and approve content (Press releases, media alerts & pitches, photo captions, biographies, etc.)
- 10% Pitch Media & Agency Work (Marketing & new business development)
- Be the go-to contact for clients.
- Continue to shape and create their own staff.
- Oversee 5 accounts & 3-4 account staff across different functional areas.
- Engage in new business pitches and be eligible for new business bonuses.
- Monitor and engage on behalf of clients in digital media space
- Provide leadership for client strategy and PR direction.
- Assist in developing strategic and creative integrated PR initiatives.
- Write & approve content including press releases, media alerts, social media.
- Attend and organize events. Prepare meeting agendas, notes, and reports.
- Problem solve and provide strategies with team and clients
- Help develop professional growth for staff and contribute to agency’s success.
- Maintain client relations through meetings, conference calls, events, and general contact
To apply: Please send your resume, samples of your work and answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the PR Account Manager in the header.