PR Acct Supervisor-Immediate hire
PR Agency-Downtown Chicago- Consumer Lifestyle / Health & Wellness
Ref # 876
Are you a go to PR agency pro with interest in health and wellness? Want to represent top-notch clients and work for a PR agency that values its employees? Have 5-7 years of experience? Supervised staff?
Prefer Chicago based talent. Will consider out of town candidates.
This position serves as primary day-to-day client contact, provides support to account team(s) and helps manage flow of work and information. Acct Sup. maintains thorough understanding of client businesses, translates knowledge into strong PR counsel to different levels of client contacts.
Candidate helps lead execution of media relations initiatives, manages development of press materials and client assets. Supervisor guides management of entry-level talent. This role includes supporting integrated campaigns, working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms & creative problem solving.
Excellent benefits, including unlimited vacation time and early Friday closure. Agency is committed to professional growth for its staff. Employees can work on projects with staff in other offices, including NY, SF and LA.
- Be part of a 4-5 person team
- Serve as key day-to-day client contact; anticipate client needs & prepare in advance
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion on time & within budget
- Proactively generate new ideas & opportunities to ensure client program success
- Help develop & write strategic memos & client presentations
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Maintain relationships with media & influencers. Participate in proactive outreach to generate client thought leadership opportunities
- Manage development of press & digital assets, leverage relevant data/insights to create PR opportunities
- Understand industry issues that directly/indirectly affect client
- Instruct entry-level staff in the areas of media relations and writing/document creation
- Plan & execute media relations, events & launch activities; lead media relations efforts & initiatives
- 5 – 7 years of PR agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- Able to identify & create thought leadership opportunities for consumer client executives
- Brand experience in at least one of following categories: consumer lifestyle, food & beverage, sports & fitness, or health & wellness
- Lifestyle, food & CPG media contacts
- Excellent media relations skills; knowledge of identifying & maintaining social/ cultural influencer relationships
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Can work independently and within team. Strong work ethic, willingness to learn
- Able to lead multiple projects & interact with senior level clients
- Can solve problems, think strategically & creatively
Success Factors: This is You!
- Smart, dedicated, creative, team player, with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong media relations experience developing deep relationships with media and regularly securing quality placements for clients
- Able to proactively “manage up” to senior management
- Able to travel as needed for client meetings and events
Send resume, samples, answers to the 10 questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to PublicRelations@lhazan.com. Add PR Account Supervisor to the Header. A follow up call to 312-863-5401 would be appreciated.