Global Law Firm- Chicago (preferred) or New York
Interested in working with PR team for global law firm? Have 2+ years of B2B public relations experience? Will consider B2B & B2C combo. Great problem-solving & analytical abilities? Enjoy working from home and at office in Downtown Chicago (preferred) or New York? Remote work up to 3 days/week. Huge opportunities for professional growth within PR & Marketing team.
PR Coordinator will be core member of law firm’s dynamic PR team. Will play active role on projects. Will secure approvals for media engagement, write press releases & talking points, develop reports on PR efforts, monitor for media placements. Will serve as resource within firm on PR policies. Candidate must be proactive, self-starter, exceptional writer & verbal communicator. Also a strong team player with excellent organizational skills, able to successfully juggle competing priorities simultaneously.
Chicago: Employees required to submit vaccination cards for law firm’s records. No testing requirement for those not fully vaccinated. Masking is optional for everyone.
New York: Employees required to submit proof of full vaccination or request medical or religious exemption. Those with approved exemption must submit negative PCR tests weekly & mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking or alone in closed office.
Education and/or Experience: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Journalism or Public Relations
- 2+ years’ PR experience in PR agency, law firm, professional services or other business setting
- Excellent writing, organizational & project management skills
- Knowledge of AP style
Background: Ideal candidate:
- Some media experience (pitching & talking to media).
- Database experience (Cision or other), & experience with business writing & press releases.
- Legal or prof. services experience is helpful, whether in house or with PR agency.
- Prior law firm experience.
- B2B experience is preferred. Mix of B2B & B2C experience is fine.
- Able to problem solve, use analytical thinking & weigh risk management. Willing to ask questions & explore issues or topics.
- Strong: organizational skills & attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Able to: work harmoniously & effectively with others, preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion, work under pressure & demonstrate good judgment, manage multiple projects with competing deadlines & priorities
Team: Candidate will be part of 5 person team to include: Director of PR (Chicago), Sr. PR Manager (Chicago), PR Manager (NY), & PR Specialist (to be hired). PR Coordinator will report to Director of PR, who is dedicated to mentoring & developing the team. Opportunities for advancement within PR & larger marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of PR activities that are consistent with firm’s global PR strategy, organizational needs, business goals & firm’s brand.
- Assist in securing approval for lawyers to do media interviews in accordance with firm’s media policy.
- Conduct media outreach; handle research projects as assigned.
- Distill complex messages to create written materials including press releases, media pitches & message documents that are error free & appropriate for intended audience.
- Proactively identify opportunities to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas.
- Identify & secure opportunities for lawyers to publish byline articles through independent research. Conduct media outreach to secure publishing opportunities.
- Prepare reports on PR activity.
- Handle administrative projects including media coverage monitoring, tracking & reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily & meet requirements below. Requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Interview process will include thorough interview & evaluation by executive recruiters at LH&A. Upon successful completion, law firm client will conduct:
- 2 rounds of video or in person interviews
- PI survey, skill assessment (proofreading & writing assessment)
Please send your resume, samples of your work & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “PR Coordinator- Global Law Firm” in the header.