Global Law Firm – New York
Do you have 5+ years of PR experience? Want to work for global law firm? Be part of growing PR team that is making an impact on behalf of firm & its lawyers!
Enjoy working from home & at office in New York City? Remote work up to 2 days/week.
Report to PR Director. PR Specialist will be core member of firm’s dynamic PR team & will execute high-impact PR activities to support firm’s global strategy. Will play central role in activities: Engage with media to secure opportunities for firm’s lawyers to showcase thought leadership. Serve as project manager on multiple initiatives, draft communications materials for external & internal audiences. Monitor & track media, & educate internal stakeholders on PR best practices. Must be exceptional writer, self-starter & team player with strong interpersonal communication, organization & project management skills.
New York: Employees required to submit proof of full vaccination or request medical or religious exemption. Those with approved exemption must submit negative PCR tests weekly & mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking or alone in closed office.
Education and/or Experience: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Journalism, or PR
- Minimum 5+ years’ PR experience
- Extensive writing, organizational & project management experience
- Able to problem solve, use analytical thinking & weigh risk management. Willing to ask questions & explore issues or topics.
- Strong: organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to: work harmoniously & effectively with others, preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion, work under pressure, demonstrate good judgment, manage multiple projects with competing deadlines & priorities
- Media experience (pitching & talking to media), database experience (Cision or other), & experience with business writing & press releases.
- Legal or professional services experience is helpful, in house or with PR agency.
- B2B experience preferred. Mix of B2B and B2C experience is fine.
- Prior Law Firm or PR agency experience
- Experience with Cision
Team: Candidate will be part of 5 person team to include: Director of PR (Chicago), Sr. PR Manager (Chicago), PR Manager (NY), PR Coordinator. Will report to Director of PR who is dedicated to mentoring & developing team. Opportunities for advancement within PR & larger marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement PR activities consistent with firm’s global strategy, organizational needs & business goals.
- Distill complex messages to create written materials including press releases, pitches & messaging documents that are error free, on point, & appropriate for intended audiences.
- Evaluate media opportunities for potential conflicts to minimize risk to firm & secure approvals for lawyers to participate in media activity.
- Help guide firm’s lawyers & key stakeholders within marketing department & broader firm on PR best practices.
- Proactively identify opportunities for firm to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas.
- Independently research, identify & secure opportunities for lawyers to be positioned as thought leaders with media & to publish byline articles.
- Assist with preparation of annual PR measurement reports. Determine appropriate content & key takeaways to drive PR strategy for coming year.
- Assist with administrative projects including media coverage monitoring, tracking & reporting.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) satisfactorily & meet requirements. Requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Interview process will include thorough interview & evaluation by executive recruiters at LH&A. Upon successful completion, law firm client will conduct:
- 2 rounds of video or in person interviews
- Predictive Index survey, skill assessment (proofreading & writing assessment)
Please send your resume, samples of your work & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “PR Specialist- Global Law Firm” in the header.