Global Law Firm- New York
Want to work for a leading global law firm in New York City? Like to provide administrative/organizational support for continuing education & training programs? Great organizational & computer skills? Attention to detail & accuracy?
Able to work in New York City? Enjoy 1 day of remote work/week, 9:30am-5:30pm.
Professional Development Assistant will work closely with Sr. Manager-Prof Development, East Coast Director- Prof Development, Learning & Development team members firm wide, & Chicago lawyers/ staff to coordinate lawyer training, MCLE accreditation, & professional development initiatives.
Employees are required to submit proof of full vaccination or request a medical or religious exemption.
Those with an approved exemption must submit negative PCR test weekly & mask at all times unless actively eating or drinking or alone in a closed office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Internet Explorer
- Experience coordinating lawyer training &/or professional development programs & initiatives
- Large law firm experience
- Project management &/or program design experience
- Knowledge of MCLE rules & procedures
- Proficiency & aptitude with software applications & design tools for creating & formatting graphs, charts, & other visuals or the willingness & ability to learn
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong: organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills, & analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good judgment
- Able to: work harmoniously & effectively with others, preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion, to work under pressure, & able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination & design of lawyer training programs & initiatives.
- Manage meeting & program logistics: schedule/ secure meeting rooms, coordinate meeting room set-ups & materials, & trouble-shoot.
- Create & develop visual presentations using desktop-publishing applications.
- Work independently & within team on ongoing & special nonrecurring projects.
- Schedule & attend planning meetings & conference calls among team members, participate in team meetings, & communicate continuously.
- Organize & analyze program evaluations & recommend program adjustments.
- Coordinate AV & IT program needs, locally & nationally.
- Assist with tracking NY-admitted lawyers’ MCLE compliance using MCLE database; communicate with NY-admitted lawyers regarding their compliance status.
- Assist with maintaining & updating all CLE & lawyer training & professional development files & records in NY.
- Generate & issue CLE certificates of attendance for lawyers attending accredited programs.
- Help manage Lawyer Learning & Professional Development intranet site.
- Use online research tools, produce data reports & analyses as requested, & develop visuals for internal team & firm-wide reports.
- Contribute articles to Lawyer Learning & Professional Development quarterly newsletter.
- Proofread all work with attention to detail & accuracy, make all necessary changes, & perform other substantive & administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily & meet requirements below. Requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Interview process will include thorough interview & evaluation by executive recruiters at LH&A. Upon successful completion, law firm client will conduct:
- Three rounds of interviews.
- There will be PI survey administered before first round of interviews.
- Last round of interviews will be onsite.
Please send your resume, samples of your work & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– email@example.com. Please refer to “Prof. Dev’t Assistant – NY- Global Law Firm” in the header.