Global Law Firm- New York
Want to work for a leading global law firm in New York City? Have 1-2 years’ experience, ideally from law or professional service firm? Able to work independently? Have strong organizational skills? Eligible for 1 day remote work. 9:30-5:30 pm.
Prof. Dev’t Coordinator will work closely with Manager of Prof. Dev’t, Director of Prof. Dev’t, Learning & Dev’t team members across firm, & NY lawyers & staff to coordinate lawyer training, MCLE accreditation, & prof. dev’t initiatives.
Covid Precautions: Employees required to submit proof of full vaccination or request medical or religious exemption. Those with approved exemption must submit negative PCR tests weekly & mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking or alone in closed office.
Background: Ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Internet Explorer
- Strong: organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills,analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good judgment
- Able to: work harmoniously & effectively with others, preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion, work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing deadlines & priorities
- Experience coordinating lawyer training and/or prof. development programs & initiatives.
- Large law firm experience.
- Project management and/or program design experience.
- Knowledge of CLE rules & procedures.
- Proficiency & aptitude with software applications & design tools to create & format graphs, charts, & other visuals or willingness & ability to learn.
Report to Prof. Dev’t Manager & Strategic Talent Init Manager. Support New York & Boston offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination & design of lawyer training programs & prof. dev’t initiatives, both locally & firmwide.
- Take leading role to plan & organize local associate orientation for New York office; collaborate with team members to ensure coordination & consistency across offices.
- Create evaluation questions to measure key data points; solicit & analyze feedback & data for firmwide conferences, local & regional programs, & prof. dev’t initiatives; prepare summary reports & recommend adjustments. Create & develop other internal reports & presentations, as needed.
- Use online tools, produce data reports & analyses as requested, & develop visuals for internal team & firmwide reports.
- Track NY-admitted lawyers’ CLE compliance using Firm’s CLE tracking system (Micron CE Manager); communicate with NY-admitted lawyers regarding their compliance status & help NY newly-admitted lawyers create individual action plans to achieve 100% compliance.
- Identify NY-admitted lawyers at risk for non-compliance & provide status reports to Manager of Prof. Dev. (NY) & others as directed to help ensure 100% compliance for NY-admitted lawyers firmwide.
- Collect, organize, & submit written materials & other program documentation to CLE team to obtain CLE accreditation for Firm-sponsored educational programs.
- Manage meeting & program logistics: recruit presenters, schedule/secure conference rooms, coordinate program set-up & materials, & trouble-shoot.
- Coordinate AV & IT program needs, locally & nationally.
- Maintain & update all lawyer training & prof. dev’t files & records in New York.
- Work independently & within a team on ongoing & special non-recurring projects.
- Create & develop visual presentations using desktop-publishing applications.
- Schedule & attend planning meetings & conference calls among team members, participate in team meetings, & communicate continuously.
- Proofread all work with attention to detail and accuracy, make all necessary changes, & perform other substantive & administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily & meet requirements below. Requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Interview process will include thorough interview & evaluation by executive recruiters at LH&A. Upon successful completion, law firm client will conduct:
- Three rounds of interviews.
- There will be PI survey administered before first round of interviews.
- Last round of interviews will be onsite.
Please send your resume, samples of your work & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “Prof. Dev’t Coordinator- NY- Global Law Firm” in the header.