Professional Development Assistant-New!
Global Law Firm- Chicago
Ref # 982
Entry level: Want to work for one of the most prestigious & respected global law firms, with Chicago base? New grad? Like to provide administrative/organizational support for continuing education and training programs? Great organizational & computer skills? Attention to detail & accuracy?
Able to work in downtown Chicago? Remote: 1 day per week.
Be part of a firm that is committed to professional growth for its staff. No travel.
Employees required to submit vaccination cards. No testing required. Masking is optional.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Internet Explorer.
- Attention to Detail is a MUST
- Interest in continuing education & professional development
- Experience coordinating lawyer training and/or professional development programs & initiatives
- Large law firm experience
- Project management and/or program design experience
- Knowledge of MCLE rules and procedures
- Proficiency & aptitude with software applications & design tools to create & format graphs, charts, & other visuals or willing & able to learn
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Use good judgment & effective interpersonal skills
- Well-developed analytical & problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously & effectively as team member
- Demonstrated ownership, commitment to job, & initiative
- Confidentiality & discretion
- Business acumen
- Effective written & oral communication skills
- Proofreads accurately
Be part of Professional Development team.
Learning & Development focuses on attorney development, mostly with associates, & associate development initiatives, practice group training, & soft skills training.
-Great team chemistry.
-Resources to do your job are readily available.
-Exciting new programs.
-Team invested in good training for new hires.
-Growth: Internal promotions are encouraged on this team.
Professional Development Assistant will work closely with Sr. Manager-Prof Development, East Coast Director- Prof Development, Learning & Development team members firm wide, & Chicago lawyers/ staff to coordinate lawyer training, MCLE accreditation, & professional development initiatives.
Responsibilities: Day to Day:
Support Coordinator & team in all events, programs & initiatives; provide administrative support with scheduling, booking conference rooms, calendar invites, tracking attendees, supporting one off department coaching engagements, keeping spreadsheets up to date, & CLE (Continuing Legal education) compliance admin work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination & design of lawyer training programs/initiatives.
- Manage meeting & program logistics, including scheduling, securing meeting rooms, coordinating meeting room set-up & materials, & troubleshooting.
- Create & develop visual presentations using desktop-publishing applications.
- Work independently & within team on ongoing & special projects.
- Schedule & attend in-person & virtual planning meetings with team members; participate in team meetings, & communicate continuously.
- Organize & analyze program evaluations & recommend program adjustments.
- Coordinate AV & IT program needs, locally & nationally.
- Assist with tracking IL-admitted lawyers’ MCLE compliance using MCLE database; communicate with IL-admitted lawyers regarding their compliance status.
- Assist with maintaining & updating all CLE and lawyer training & professional development files & records in CH.
- Generate & issue CLE certificates of attendance for lawyers attending accredited programs.
- Help manage Lawyer Learning & Professional Development intranet site.
- Use online tools, produce data reports & analyses as requested; develop visuals for internal team & firm-wide reports.
- Proofread all work with attention to detail & accuracy, make all necessary changes, & perform other substantive/ administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidate must be able to perform Duties & Responsibilities satisfactorily & meet requirements. Requirements are representative of minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need such an accommodation, please contact Lynn@lhazan.com
“Professional Development Assistant” in header.