Global Law Firm- Chicago
Ref # 983
2 years’ Experience: Want to work for one of the most prestigious & respected global law firms, with Chicago base? Two years of experience, ideally from law or professional services firm? Interest in continuing education & professional development? Enjoy creating events and tracking results? Great organizational & computer skills? Attention to detail & accuracy?
Able to work in downtown Chicago? Remote: 1 day per week.
Be part of a firm that is committed to professional growth for its staff. No travel.
Covid Precautions: Employees required to submit vaccination cards. No testing required. Masking is optional.
Background: Ideal Candidate:
– Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years’ experience
– Law or professional services Firm experience
– Excel Experience (General Exposure)
– Experience creating graphics for communications & newsletters
– Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office & Internet Explorer
-Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
-Strong interpersonal communication/analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Experience coordinating lawyer training and/or professional development programs & initiatives
- Large law firm experience
- Project management and/or program design experience
- Knowledge of CLE rules & procedures
- Proficiency & aptitude with software applications & design tools to create/ format graphs, charts, & other visuals or willing & able to learn
-work harmoniously & effectively with others
-Preserve confidentiality & exercise discretion
-Work under pressure
-Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines/priorities
Learning & Development is umbrella department, within which Professional Development team focuses on attorney development, mostly with associates, & associate development initiatives, practice group training, & soft skills training.
– Great team chemistry
– Resources to do your job are readily available
– Exciting new programs
– Team is invested in good training for new hires.
– Growth: Internal promotions are encouraged on this team.
Duties and Responsibilities: Day to Day:
Individual will play lucrative role in event planning for developmental events; will track CLE compliance, coordinate individual training programs, onboard lateral associates, provide new hire training, manage CLE records of new hires, etc.
Candidate will work closely with Sr. Manager of Prof Development, East Coast Director of Prof Development, Learning & Development team members across the Firm, lawyers, & other staff members to coordinate & support training & professional development initiatives for lawyers in Chicago office. Coordinator will monitor & support CLE compliance for Illinois-admitted lawyers across the Firm.
- Assist in coordination & design of lawyer training programs & professional development initiatives both locally & firmwide.
- Take leading role to plan & organize local associate orientation for Chicago office; collaborate with team members to ensure coordination & consistency across offices.
- Create evaluation questions to measure key data points; solicit & analyze feedback & data for firmwide conferences, local & regional programs & professional-development initiatives; prepare summary reports & recommend adjustments. Create & develop other internal reports & presentations as needed.
- Use online tools, produce data reports & analyses as requested; develop visuals for internal team & firmwide reports.
- Track Illinois-admitted lawyers’ CLE compliance using Firm’s CLE tracking system (Micron CE Manager); communicate with Illinois-admitted lawyers regarding their compliance status. Help Illinois newly-admitted lawyers create individual action plans to achieve 100% compliance.
- Identify Illinois-admitted lawyers at risk for non-compliance & provide status reports to Sr. Manager of Prof Development (CH) & others as directed to help ensure 100% compliance for Illinois-admitted lawyers firmwide.
- Collect, organize, & submit written materials & other program documentation to CLE team to obtain CLE accreditation for Firm-sponsored educational programs.
- Manage meeting & program logistics: Recruit presenters, schedules, secure conference rooms, coordinate program set-up & materials, & trouble-shoot.
- Coordinate AV & IT program needs, locally & nationally.
- Maintain & update all lawyer training & professional development files & records in New York.
- Work independently & within team on ongoing & special projects.
- Create & develop visual presentations using desktop-publishing applications.
- Schedule & attend planning meetings/ conference calls among team members, participate in team meetings, communicate continuously.
- Proofread all work with attention to detail & accuracy. Make all necessary changes. Perform other substantive/ administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: Affirmative Action Employer.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily & meet the requirements. Requirements listed are representative of minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of job. If you need such an accommodation, please email Lynn@lhazan.com
Please send your resume, samples of your work & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “professional Development Coordinator” in the header