Senior Medical Writer (Remote): Immediate Hire
Medical Communications Agency
Want to work virtually for a growing boutique Medical Communications agency? Are you passionate about science, medicine, and education? Are you energized by collaborative work? Are you a Medical Writer with at least 1 year of experience within an agency setting? Will consider candidates with more experience. If so, apply now for a full-time position as a Remote Senior Medical Writer. Writing test is part of the application process.
Candidate will develop scientific/medical content (promotional and non-promotional) over a broad range of therapeutic areas (neuro, psych, infectious disease, dermatology, ophthalmology, cardio, immunology, oncology) including: promotional slide kits, advisory board materials, educational materials, MSL training decks, literature search reports, etc. Client does not do publishing nor regulatory writing.
Client values candidates with unrelenting attention to detail. Agency is non-hierarchical by design and values open dialogue. No drama. Is committed to continuing education & training. Excellent benefits. Compensation will reflect level of experience.
Ideal candidate is based in the U.S. with valid working papers. Willing to travel when needed.
- 1-2 years of hands-on medical writing experience in a medical communications agency/pharmaceutical company/CRO setting
- Advanced/terminal life sciences degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, MBBS, etc.) required. Agency especially appreciates candidates with PharmD backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Science, Medicine, and Education
- Unrelenting attention to detail and to continuing education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong presenter.
- Readiness and willingness to collaborate
- Prowess for PowerPoint presentations. Has slide deck samples to share.
- Thorough knowledge of drug development & commercialization process
- Ideal candidate is a team player; can wear many hats; is nimble; has a positive attitude; enjoys working for a small agency; takes advantage of opportunities to keep learning & growing.
- Interpret/analyze scientific/medical articles, journals, and data to transform into content digestible for various audiences
- Take ownership and pride in everything you do
- Be flexible
- Adapt to demands of challenging projects
- Stay self-motivated & have strong timeline management skills
- Work independently when needed
- Complete professional projects using Microsoft Office
- Take detailed notes during calls, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Create (not limited to) promotional slide kits, advisory board materials, educational materials, MSL training decks, literature search reports, etc.
- Work well with pharma clients with high level of engagement
- Collaborate with team members including project staff, designer and VP
- Help bring products to market
- Breakdown of time:
- 60-75%+ Create deliverables via PowerPoint, write for clients, take notes on client calls
- 25-40% client facing activities, get training on diseases, business development support
To Apply: Forward your resume, cover letter and writing samples (including PowerPoint slides) along with answers to the questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Falguni Shah at Falguni@lhazan.com. Please refer to Senior Medical Writer (Virtual) in the header.