Ref # 818
Put your social media talent and passion to work for Chicago based, national charity dedicated to disease awareness, education & support for people of all ages, including children & adults. This not-for-profit charity has re-organized itself with new CEO, executive leadership, renewed vision & branding. It attracts special people to carry out its mission.
If you identify with a cause’s clear vision, noble mission & people-centered values, this could be your next job! This organization cares about its employees & has superb benefits. Also supports work life balance.
If you are passionate, creative and an empowered Social Media/PR pro with 2+ years of experience, keep reading…
Social Media (SM) Manager will seek high visibility through strategic SM strategy/content tied to organization’s social outreach/engagement accounts; will promote SM campaigns, social & partner with internal/external clients. Be the online “voice”. Work closely with field staff leaders to enhance national SM through guidance, tutorials & best practices for local SM pages.
Goals– highlight organization’s mission & income-based programs (i.e., summer camps, local clinics, health care services, advocacy initiatives, research projects & all fundraising campaigns). Develop panel of field SM leaders to collaborate & produce cohesive national SM materials/ methods. Report to VP- PR & Community Programs. Work with all levels of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in journalism, communications, PR, marketing or related field.
- 3-4 years of social media & PR and/or communications experience, ideally for national organization with widespread community presence.
- Preferred experience from: healthcare, corporate philanthropy, human services or PR agency (with social media responsibilities) or work with a national nonprofit.
- Demonstrated creativity & documented immersion in SM. (Present links to pages as examples).
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of SM platforms, respective participants (Facebook,Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) & how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Proven ability to apply strategic SM objectives as they relate to growing the community & increasing engagement through shares, likes, comments & posts.
- Experience in supporting various campaigns & multiple accounts including measuring/reporting results & insights to various social platforms.
- Demonstrated track record in developing/implementing short & long-term SM communication plans. Able to work effectively with senior management & partners.
- Experience in pulling together & influencing team to create & lead SM initiatives at local/regional levels. Able to exercise leadership/influence without formal authority.
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research & principles of “Search and Social.”
- Demonstrated winning Social Customer Service techniques. Great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations & apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Experience with SM page management software/tools, e.g., Hootsuite.
- Strong content strategy, writing, editing, storytelling, interpersonal, diplomatic & verbal communication skills.
- Highly evolved teamwork & strong time management skills.
- Strong & effective leader/counselor with documented track record of success of developing content that leads to growth of likes, reach, engagement & promotion.
- Disciplined planner of high quality visual & content-rich SM plans that drive successful outcomes.
- Knowledge in creating and using Facebook ads to grow online community & preferably drive online donations.
- Highly collaborative & strong consensus builder; capable of exercising positive influence in driving outcomes.
- Excellent project management skills & client-centered orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage new & emerging SM channels.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment.
- Motivated by mission-driven organization whose aim is ultimately to cure disease and save lives.
- Crafts clear, compelling & consistent online messaging; successful at building consensus & driving internal alignment for staff at all levels.
- Capable of setting clear priorities, and nimble to adjust as new opportunities arise.
Technology: Proficiency with MS Office applications. Plus, experience in using SM software.
Competencies: Candidate displays excellent skills in the following areas:
Customer Service, Interpersonal Skills, Oral/Written Communication, Organizational Support, Judgment Professionalism
- 33% strategy, 33% manage & create content, 34% activate/train with other offices
- Manage SM pages & day-to-day SM activities for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.
- Provide strategic SM strategy/counsel to business leaders in departments, including Research, Healthcare Services & Advocacy, Income Development, Human Resources, etc.
- Create, curate, schedule/manage all published content (images, video and copy) to reach clients & supporters.
- Develop/expand online communities & outreach efforts.
- Create workable infrastructure & processes.
- Establish regular meetings, agenda & priorities for field SM panel to mirror programs, communications & marketing calendar.
- Work with PR staff to provide/support local SM messaging templates.
- Listen, respond, ask questions & engage with online communities in timely & positive manner.
- Work with VP- PR & Community Programs on breaking news or crisis management situations as needed.
- Identify threats/opportunities in online user generated content surrounding brand & business.
- Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Develop strategic & implementation plan for year-round SM campaign promotion.
- Work with team to design/create promotions & Social ad campaigns. Work with Digital Marketing lead to manage social ad budget.
- Identify SM trends, trending topics & relevant opportunities for visibility.
- Help establish, follow & support compliance of national branding, messaging & creative services guidelines.
- Analyze, measure & report results of SM posts/ projects using Facebook nsights & Hootsuite.
- Secure & manage SM-vendor relationships & contracts.
To Apply: Please forward your resume, writing samples, SM links and answers to the questions from this link: https://lhazan.com/qa/ to SocialMedia@lhazan.com. Pls call 312-863-5401 to confirm receipt.