Sr. Account Manager or Account Manager: Real Estate PR Agency-New!
Virtual- eventually at office
Are you a classically trained PR Pro? Do you have approximately 5+ years of experience or 2-4 years of experience? Years of experience not as important as the quality of your work and results. Love to write, pitch the media and manage client deliverables? Want to work at a boutique PR agency, renowned for its real estate work? Like to work from home and eventually work at the agency offices in the Chicago area?
This PR agency, a longtime client of Lynn Hazan & Associates is renowned for its quality, commitment to its staff, professional growth, creativity and outstanding media coverage on behalf of its clients.
Candidates with experience from commercial/residential real estate brokerage firms, real estate developers, architecture firms, constructions firms and media companies are encouraged to apply.
Client seeks Senior Account Manager or Account Manager to join growing team. New position because of new business wins.
Candidate will develop & execute innovative PR campaigns for some of Chicago’s most high-profile real estate firms & developments. Also work on national campaigns. Diverse client roster spans residential & commercial sectors; includes companies with local & national presence. These include builders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, contractors, architects & interior designers.
Candidate will need to successfully complete writing test as part of interview process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications for Sr. Account Manager. Will consider candidates with 2-4 years of experience (approximately) for Account Manager opening. Quality of work is more important than years of experience. Real estate knowledge a plus
- Bonus points for existing relationships with local and national media
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English
- Superlative writing, pitching and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with variety of personalities
- Excellent time-management skills, attention to detail; able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Able to work independently or as team member
- Interested in working at boutique PR agency
- Great work & play ethics
Write & edit news releases, bylines and blog posts; identify compelling story angles; pitch ideas to appropriate media outlets (print/digital, TV and radio); fulfill media requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters & editors; participate in industry webinars/events; attend project tours/site visits (when needed); manage social media programs; track results.
Team currently works remotely. Upon returning to office at future date (to be determined) employees will be able to spend part of their work week at home, if desired.