Full-time or Part-time
PR Sr. Acct. Mgr./ Acct. Mgr: Real Estate PR Agency – FILLED!
Downtown Chicago- Hybrid
Are you classically trained PR Pro or exceptional working journalist? Do you have 5+ years’ experience or 2-4 years’ experience in PR or journalism? Years of experience are not as important as quality of work and results. Love to write, pitch media, and manage client deliverables? Want to work at boutique PR agency, renowned for its real estate work? Enjoy working from home and at agency offices in Downtown Chicago 1 day a week?
This PR agency, longtime client of LH&A, is renowned for quality, commitment to staff, work/life balance, professional growth, creativity, and outstanding media coverage on behalf of its clients.
Candidates with strong journalism expertise or from commercial/residential real estate brokerage firms, real estate developers, architecture firms, construction firms, and media companies are encouraged to apply. Want to transition from journalism to PR? This could be your next job!
Client seeks full-time or part-time Sr. Account Manager/ Account Manager to join growing team. New position because of business wins.
Candidate will develop & execute innovative PR campaigns for some of Chicago’s most high-profile real estate firms & developments. Also work on national campaigns. Diverse client roster spans residential & commercial sectors; includes companies with local & national presence. These include builders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, contractors, architects & interior designers.
Candidate should have excellent writing skills and will need to successfully complete writing test as part of interview process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications for Sr. Account Manager. Will consider candidates with 2-4 years of experience (approximately) for Account Manager. Will also consider candidates for part-time 30 hr./week. Quality of work is more important than years of experience. Real estate knowledge is a plus.
- Bonus points for existing relationships with local and national media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English.
- Excellent time and project management skills, attention to detail; able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Must have superb writing, pitching, editing skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with variety of personalities.
- Able to work independently or as team member.
- Interested in working at boutique PR agency.
- Great work & play ethics.
Write & edit news releases, bylines and blog posts; identify compelling story angles; pitch ideas to appropriate media outlets (print/digital, TV and radio); fulfill media requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters & editors; participate in industry webinars/events; attend project tours/site visits (when needed); manage social media programs; track results.
The position is full-time or part-time 30 hours a week. Team currently works remotely with one day a week in downtown Chicago office.
To apply: Forward your resume, writing samples and answers to these questions https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan. Lynn@lhazan.com. Refer to Real Estate PR Agency in the header.