Senior Medical Writer – Emerging Opportunity
Medical Communication Agency
Are you an experienced Medical Writer? Able to communicate science with integrity in a concise and accurate manner to a variety of target audiences? Have you been a hands-on medical writer in a client facing role? Do you work well in a team environment and can supervise junior writers? Want to join a growing organization that provides ample opportunity for growth? Local talent please.
Privately owned company with global clients in pharma and biotech. The Experienced Medical Writer will work with downtown Chicago team in wide range of therapeutic areas (oncology, CNS, dermatology, immunology, GI, infectious diseases, ortho, urology, women’s health, etc.). Collaborative environment. Company provides services in publication planning & management, scientific & regulatory writing, CME, etc.
- Degree in Biological Sciences required. Advanced Degrees preferred (MS, PhD, PharmD).
- 5+ years hands-on medical writing experience, working closely with clients and managing accounts. Writing test will be part of the application process.
- Experience at agency preferred.
- Self motivated & entrepreneurial thinking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to factual detail and accuracy.
- Able to produce quality work within set timelines & budgets.
- Outstanding organizational and account management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in team setting.
- Desire to work within a culturally diverse business.
70 % write content
- Lead, coordinate and produce accurate, captivating content on behalf of clients within agreed timelines and budgets; proactively manage workload.
30 % client services, supervision, review work
- Take responsibility for content developed by writers on the account team; Ensure scientific accuracy, technical quality and consistency through effective briefing, reviewing and feedback.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Build positive relationships with clients and clinical experts.
- Gain in-depth understanding of product and competitive data. Keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant therapy areas.
- Provide scientific input and strategic insight to clients and internal account teams.
Content deliverables include: Abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts, MSL & sales training manuals, educational literature, FDA & EMA submission briefing documents, dossiers, white papers, etc.