Senior PR Account Manager/PR Account Manager
Boutique PR Agency-Virtual, Chicago
Want to work for fast-growing and multiple award-winning boutique PR agency in Chicago? Are you an experienced and enthusiastic PR pro? Have 4-7 years of diverse PR agency/nonprofit/professional association experience? Love interacting with clients? Enjoy supervising staff and projects? Want to bring your thought leadership and social media expertise to position agency and its president? Within driving distance of Chicago area? If yes, keep reading!
Sr. PR Manager/PR Acct. Manager will work virtually with once/week staff meetings in downtown office and once/month or quarterly staff meeting for lunch or happy hour.
PR agency works with elite clients in retail, restaurant, hospitality, beverage, fashion, fitness & nutrition, travel & tourism, healthcare, finance, etc. Consistent news coverage in Crain’s, Chicago Tribune, Fox News, Yahoo Finance, WGN Radio, New York Times, ABC7, USA Today, and other top tier media.
Agency in continuous growth mode. New position because of new business wins. Excellent benefits including unlimited PTO.
Ideal candidate is: high energy, collaborative, idea person, team builder. Thrives in working with other dynamic and creative staff. PR agency achieves client success stories, cultivates supportive and positive work environment.
Unique to industry– provides freedom, flexibility, and inspiration to staff. Agency is committed to passion, authenticity, creativity, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Provides many opportunities for professional growth and development. Works with some of largest brands and diverse businesses throughout U.S.
Candidate will need to complete writing test during interview process. Must be US based w/ valid work papers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-7 years of PR agency/nonprofit/professional association experience
- Client will consider Sr. Acct. Mgr./Acct. Mgr. depending on candidate qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Experience with B2B, B2C, or CPG.
- Prefer candidate with client and staff supervisory experience, strategy and deliverables, and social media experience.
- Ideal candidate has experience with hospitality, restaurants, travel, retail, technology, health, finance, and/or nonprofit.
- Proficiency with Cision/Muck Rack
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Strong understanding of traditional media & social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing test required)
- AP style proficiency.
- Efficient time management, independent work ability, and organization
- Interest in supervising staff to foster professional growth.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and able to make decisions with critical thinking
- Resilient under pressure
- Flexible in changing environments
- Outstanding work ethic and upbeat personality
- 50% Work directly with clients (leadership of clients and account team, strategy, writing/review PR material, planning, delegation of staff assignments, create client success stories and calls, and oversee deliverables).
- 35% Manage processes, deliverables, staff, and budgets.
- 10% Pitch Media as Needed.
- 5% Social Media, Branding, Thought Leadership for Agency and CEO.
- Be the go-to contact for clients.
- Mentor staff and their work [2-10 staff per account].
- Oversee 5 accounts & 3-4 account staff members across different functional areas.
- Engage in new business pitches and be eligible for new business bonuses.
- Monitor and engage on behalf of clients in digital media space
- Provide leadership for client strategy and PR direction.
- Assist in developing strategic, creative, and integrative PR initiatives.
- Write & approve content (i.e. press releases, media alerts, and social media).
- Attend and organize events (i.e. prepare meeting agendas, notes, and reports).
- Problem solve and provide strategies with team and clients
- Help develop professional growth for staff and contribute to agency’s success.
- Maintain client relations (i.e. meetings, conference calls, events, and general contact).
- Report to PR Agency V.P.
To apply: Please send your resume, samples of your work and answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to PR Sr. Acct. Manager/PR Acct. Manager in the header.