Website Associate – Medical Association
Downtown Chicago-Virtual Hire for now; Eventually in house
Ref # 929
Do you like to provide online customer support for website users? Are you patient, a great communicator and like problem solving? Like to create & update website pages? Hold a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS & Graphic Design plus 0-2+ years’ related work experience? Will also consider new grads with strong internship experience. Our long-time client will hire candidate who respects tradition/stability and appreciates innovation. Immediate hire or within 1 month if graduating. Excellent benefits.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems & Graphic Design preferred.
- 0-2+ years’ related work experience.
- Experience with website authoring software, HTML, & other current web technologies. Familiar with & have intuitive sense of how to execute design best practices. Experience with Kentico CMS highly desirable. Photoshop experience.
- Exhibit superior customer service skills to serve employees at all levels within organization, physician members, policyholders, & other external contacts.
- Possess excellent verbal, writing, proofreading & project management skills.
- Able to establish solid relationships with interactive communication team.
- High-energy self-starter: will initiate Website improvements & proactively see projects through to completion.
- Willing to take on additional tasks within Communications Department.
Primary responsibility: Resolve website user questions, incorporate expert communication skills to assure highest level of customer service for members & policyholders. Review, update & maintain all web pages for company web site… Central focus on company’s web site. Create new pages as assigned. Use expert project management & organizational skills to ensure timeliness when updating pages. Use solid grammar, writing & proofreading skills to ensure that online content is accurate & consistent with organizational messaging & overall objectives. Ensure intuitive navigation & functionality of all web pages, especially with managing risk pages & policyholder resource pages. Maintain fresh images for overall website. Recommend & implement technical improvements.
Breakout of Responsibilities:
- Resolve requests for online support, via incoming phone calls & through email customer support mailboxes (OnLineHelp, etc). Serve as resource to members, policyholders & staff to answer questions related to content & access procedures for websites.
- Maintain & update form letters & instructions for policy holders, clinics, brokers, employees, members & practice managers.
- Maintain & update tutorials & FAQs related to login creation/ maintenance.
- Use Content Management System to create, update & maintain web pages, merging information from variety of sources.
- Ongoing review of web pages to ensure accuracy & timeliness of posted content. Plus: Functionality-Ease of navigation & user experience.
· Daily interface with communication team, IT programmers & graphic design team to maintain standards when editing website. Close interaction with risk management team & contacts in Underwriting, Claims & Marketing.
- Assist with updates to Communication Dept’s intranet page.
- Select, size, prep & create new images for web using Photoshop
- Assist design team with traditional design project overflow.
- Maintain knowledge of website technology, best practices & design trends; recommend upgrades as needed
- Prepare monthly user reports; provide summary from collected data.
Additional duties & responsibilities as required or assigned. May include but are not limited to: sending blast fax & emails, photography, videography, phone coverage, etc.
Internal Contacts: Staff from all departments within organization.
External Contacts: Policyholders, members, vendors & web site consultants
Essential Physical Requirements of Position:
- Close visual acuity to read extensive amounts of written information in standard font for extended period of time.
- View & read from computer screens, telephone screens & printed materials.
- Communicate verbally, convey/express complex & detailed ideas, information & instructions to others clearly, accurately & effectively, in person & via phone.
- Operate keyboard, computer & computing device.
- Analyze data & information.
- Move about to accomplish tasks, attend meetings, presentations and scheduled events both inside and outside office.
Job description subject to continuous change